One bit Virtex BRAM.

Is it possible to infer in vhdl, some kind of logic that has the same property as that of a virtex block ram, but being of size 1 bit (just using CLB logic) ??

Thanks for any ideas jac

Reply to
Jacques athow

You could use a 1-input lookup-table...

But this you'd have to instantiate, I don't know what code you'd use to infer it.

As an alternative, you could use a simple flip-flop... those are usually inferred for all signals assigned in a clocked process. Or you can instantiate one:

Both the LUT and the register are usually part of a CLB's logic.

--
Sean Durkin
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS)

mailto:23@iis.42.de
([23 , 42]  [durkinsn , fraunhofer])
Reply to
Sean Durkin

Ok thanks for the ideas. For the simple flip-flop, It would need to be clocked by two clock domains. Is it possible to do this in a Virtex FPGA?? and for the LUT alternative, i will try it soon.

Jac

Reply to
Jacques athow

I think what you are looking for is a synchorniser. That is a pair of flip-flops where the first flip-flop gets clocked with a certain frequency f_a while the second flip-flop gets clocked with another frequency f_b. Hope this answers your query.

regards, nachiket.

Reply to
Nachiket Kapre