None

Thanks. I read this manual but I didn't find how to visit CF card to get = the data there. I don't mean to generate a system ACE file which can = boot up the FPGA. I wonder whether microblaze can get the data in CF = card after FPGA is configured and how to prepare the data in the CF = card. Have you met this problem?

Regards, YUWEI

-----Original Message----- From: ram [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com]=20 Posted At: 2003=C4=EA11=D4=C218=C8=D5 13:16 Posted To: comp.arch.fpga Conversation: How to visit the files in CF cards Subject: Re: How to visit the files in CF cards

Using impact you have to generate system ACE file and now i learned that only Windows 95,98,or 2000 would format the flash card right, not windows xp. You can go thro the impact manual at the following site to check how to generate system ACE files.

check chapter"using impact to generate files" Ram_nathan

We have got a Virtex-II Multimedia Board which include CF card slot. >=20 >
=

detail.jsp?=3D&category=3D-21481&i

Lan > guageID=3D1&key=3DHW-V2000-MLTA >=20 > How to visit the files in CF cards? Can I just copy the files to the =

CF

card? Or have to build some described files to let SystemACE recognize > the file?
Reply to
#YU WEI#

Hi,

You will need some code to run on Microblaze that implements the FAT filesystem. At the hardware level, you can read sectors from the CF through the SystemACE. However, you will need to then interpret the contents of the sectors as a FAT formatted disk, so that you can retrieve files.

You can buy commercial libraries to do this, or you can look around on Google to find how others have done it. Here's an example:

Eric

#YU WEI# wrote:

Reply to
Eric Crabill