No device found in Boundary Scan Chain, for Xilinx PC4 Cable

Hi All,

I am learning how to program Xilinx CPLD, starting with XPLA3 (XCR3032XL)and Parallel Cable IV. I consistently encounted the problem from iMPACT - "No device detected in Boundary Scan Chain" when I tried to initialize the Boundary Scan Chain. The error no. is 585 and I am in JTAG mode. I am not using developing board since I'd like to build an embedded system afterwards.

I followed the hint given by ISE6.3i for checking - The pin layout, The connection, The Power level. But no problem found there.

.I have read from this group saying Port-En pin should be put high when init, I tried this but failed. I put Port-En back to low.

.I am using battery cells and resister network as the power supply for the XCR3032XL. The Voltage is 3.3-3.6V and the Current is 1.8mA.

.I am using PS2 mouse port as the power supply for the PC4 Cable. The voltage is 5.04V and the Current is changing around 10mA, far lower than the recommended but this is one of the standard config for PC4 cable.

.The cable is connected and Parallel port is in ECP mode.

.I have added the .jed file into iMPACT before initializing the cable. And I get the same problem.

.As I debugged the chain, I found the TDO sticked to be "1" whatever the TDI was.

So what's the issue? Is it to say PC4 doesn't support XCR3032XL? Appreciation for any idea!

-Zimmer

Reply to
zihu88