No Clock in ChipScope Pro Analyzer

I setup a CDC test configuration using ILA in Chipscope Pro ver

8.1.03i. There is activity on bus and on data lines in the Analyzer but the system clock (BUFGP) of which the core is running is dead in the Analyzer window even though I added the system clock as data to be captured.

I know the clock is there otherwise I would not be able to see data. I am surprized as why the clock is stuck low. I like to see clock on top just as in the conventional logic analyzer testsets for triggering and referencing data. There is a seperate tab for clock during setup, but wouldn't hurt adding it as data. Without a clock I am unable to fathom anything else.

What's happening here?

Best regards.

Reply to
Yaseen Zaidi

Clock should be connected to clock input. And if you *also* connect it to data, you will only see a constant value. Why? because sampling clock on the rising edge of itself, will always yield the same level.

Zara

Reply to
Zara

I sometimes connet the clockdv output (clock/2) of the clocks dcm to a data port. This is very helpful for debuging purpose.

Reply to
Helmut

Clock/2 is a good idea.

Thanks.

Reply to
Yaseen Zaidi

If you are interested in seeing clock at chipscope window, you have to sample it at faster clock. So chipscope cores should geta faster clock at clock input, and the clock that u want to see at data input.

Reply to
birla.manish