Nios software IDE

Hi,

I am trying to create a project within the nios software ide (which is based on eclipse). I want to have my project and source files on a different location as the .ptf file is. Is this possible? If I have my workspace at location A and create a new project I have to tell where the .ptf file is which describes my nios system. Let's say this file is at location B. The project wizard is creating the application and library directories in location B (while the workspace is at location A).

Who knows the solution for this problem (or is it not possible)?

Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

It's been a while, but just looking back at the directory structure of my last NIOS project, I have...

PROJECT_ROOT \_software (containing NIOS project) \_synth (containing Quartus project, include .ptf)

The workspace, which has very little to do with the project itself, but is rather a legacy of eclipse if I understand correctly, is in a completely different place altogether, and is not archived as part of the project itself - mainly because different people have their own workspaces with different files and/or absolute paths. It's a real pain in the butt IMHO.

So yes, it should be possible, but don't ask me how - though I didn't do anything special!?! Maybe I didn't use the 'wizard'?!?

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

I do recall re-creating the syslib many, many times and it definitely didn't try to create the project in the .pft directory...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216
Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266
Reply to
Mark McDougall

Can you tell me what the location of your eclipse workspace is?

Regards, Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

DRIVE_ROOT \_work \_project_name \_FPG | \_software (nios II software) | | \_syslib (location of syslib source) | | \_application (location of application source) | \_synth (location of Quartus source and .PTF) \_workspace (workspace directory)

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216
Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266
Reply to
Mark McDougall

Many thanks Mark (also for the quick reponse :) ,

Finally it's working now. I had some conflicts in creating the projects in combination with the workspace location.

best regards, Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg