Nios SDK - understanding nm output

Where can I find an explanation of the prefix codes in an nm generated symbol table? I see entries such as 'F' which are not described in the standard GNU manuals.

Reply to
tns1

man nm

"A" The symbol's value is absolute, and will not be changed by further linking.

"B" The symbol is in the uninitialized data section (known as BSS).

"C" The symbol is common. Common symbols are uninitial­ ized data. When linking, multiple common symbols may appear with the same name. If the symbol is defined anywhere, the common symbols are treated as undefined references. - - -

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå