NIOS: plugs without an uart?

Is it possible to use the plugs library without an uart?

I keep getting:

cpu_sdk/lib/libnios32.a(plugs_print.c.o): In function `d_print_tcp_packet': plugs_print.c.o(.text+0x384): undefined reference to `nr_uart_txchar' ...

I would expect no calls to any uart routines whenever I build a system with no serial ports.

I've NOT included the plugs debugging routines. However, I have included the oci_core. (NIOS 3.1/Quartus II 3.0SP1 under Linux)

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?