Nios II - VHDL Source Code, Licensing

Hello,

does somebody know whether it is possible to get the Nios II-VHDL source code. There is an ASIC license avialable. What does that license cost?

Thanks. Udo

Reply to
Udo

My understanding is that when you purchase the development tools you are entering into an agreement with Altera to use their software with only their devices. When you generate a NIOS II design from SOPC Builder the files are suppose to be encrypted. They have a device called HardCopy that is suppose to be a compromise for an ASIC device. The rep I was talking to said that there were exceptions but they were negoiated on a contract to contract basis.

Reply to
Derek Simmons

Yes. I think it's about $50k.

Cheers, Jon