NIOS II CFI interface

Hi,everybody,I am a fresher of NIOSII,and in the passed days ,I have been familar with the nios II system,also write some test program about the gpio,timer,uart and can work properly,today I add the flash controoler(CFI),but it doesn't work.And I use the signal tap to watch the wave and the address bus is active but the read,write and cs is always '1',I don't know why,can someone give me some advice and debug methods.

Reply to
bjzhangwn

Here are two helpful links:

Here's something to read while you're trying to figure out how to use google's search feature:

You really should learn about Google's search feature; it works pretty well. And it's free for google-mail users (such as yourself), and the rest of the internet.

Cheers, G.

Reply to
ghelbig

Thanks,I have tried all what you say 2 days before and I have no idear so I refer to google group for help.Now I know why,Firstly,the flash chip I use is not support CFI.but the nios II only support CFI compliant flash.Secondly,because the jtag uart also use jtag ,so if I use printf function and from the signal tap the singal I watch is always '1',I remove the printf function and then the singal is active in the signal tap.

Reply to
bjzhangwn

NIOS supports many types of NOR flash, and adding a new type is usually a software change in the HAL. If you're trying to use NAND flash, there are application notes for those.

You can use a 'traditional' UART instead of the JTAG UART. Several design examples for this on the Altera web site.

Keep googleing, G.

Reply to
ghelbig