Newcomer question

Hi there,

I am doing my first FPGA/VHDL design. Previously I did CPLD designs
utilizing Altera's AHDL.
I coded the VHDL source files and simulated it successfully with
Modelsim. Then I made the I/O pin assignments and made the .bit
file and loaded it to the FPGA. To my disappointment only some of
the signals are correct; the functionality of the system does not
work.
I am using ispLEVER and a Lattice LFEC33 FPGA.
There is a "Post Place and Route Simulation" action available within
ispLEVER (actually it starts Modelsim), but this does not work.
Modelsim always complains "Error loading design".
What possibilities do I have to debug my design?

Thanks a lot,

Johannes

Re: Newcomer question
Hi,

For some reason my first post ended up in a complete different thread
(XPower: Post-Place and Route Simulation model). Thanks to all of you
answered there.
Being (in my age still) impatient I sent this post a second time -
I apologize for that.

Johannes