newbie question

Hello:

I want to design a board with an altera FPGA and DDR (about 2Gigabytes) so that I can read and write from this RAM at high data rates. From what I understand Altera provides users with cores for interfacing with DDR. My questions are:

1) Are there any daughterboards already in existence (with DIMM sockets) that I can interface to a development board from Altera?

2) Has anybody done this with success? Are there any resources on the net that I can read on precautions that must be taken when attempting to interface an FPGA with DDR, layout ideas, etc.?

Thanks. John

Reply to
John Davidson