Newbee question - how to upgrade to Xilinx ISE/EDK 8.2 from 8.1

Hi group

This must sound like a dumb question. How can I update from ISE and EDK 8.1 to 8.2?

I downlaoded and installed the available patches for 8.1 and there are patches available for 8.2 but I can't see an option / way to actually update 8.1 into 8.2. Do I just have to downlaod and install the 8.2 patches (haven't tried this since I'm afraid to screw things up). Is there another way?

TIA

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

I usually do a fresh install for .x releases.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

8.2i is not an update to 8.1i. It is a new product.
--
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity

Markus Zingg schrieb:

it depends on your license if you are able to download 8.2 or not. there is no automatic upgrade if your license is expired or does not allow electronic delivery of the ISE/EDK

you cant just install 8.2 patches, you need the 8.2 DVD or DVD image

Antti

Reply to
Antti

If you are on an active maintenance you should get 8.2 in the mail. You can also ask for access to downloadable version. If your maintenance has expired you will have to buy it again...

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Hmmm, odd - I just got my developper kit from AVNet ~6 weeks ago. I don't know if this means I'm able to get 8.2 now or not. Thanks anyways, I will try if I can find out by going through our purchase departement....

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

You are definitely eligible for the upgrade. Talk to Xilinx directly and ask for access to downloadable version.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM