New with FGPAs

Hello,

I've just started a small project with a Xilinx Virtex 4FX board. In general terms my objective is to read various data over a Gigabit Network, manipulate them, and then transmit them back to the Network. I've been looking at the application notes at Xilinx.com, and some of them appeared to be helpful to give me a quick start. But unfortunately all the projects available are updated for ISE/EDK versions 8.2 and over. My board came with ISE/EDK 7.1, so I couldn't use any of those. Is there a way to get my hands on any of those example applications's previous versions, for my ISE/EDK? Any suggestions/recommendations to a newbie from the FPGA experts?

Thank you for your time.

Reply to
ryufrank

I dont think yoy are a newbie and i am not a FPGA expert... Anyway contact your local dealer from whome you bought this board. They might have some evaluation version of the latest ISE. Also if your design is for small FPGA you can use latest xilinx webpack which is freely available at xilinx site. regards Sumesh V S

Reply to
vssumesh

Reply to
N.V. Chandramouli

I am using the ML403 board from Xilinx. It came with ISE 8.1 and EDK

8.1 but I could upgrade to ISE 9.1 and EDK 9.1 for free. Read more in my blog:

Sven

Reply to
svenand