New to FpGa ; At configuring the device error cmes

hello friends,

I'm a new bee to fpga,, i have one board in that i have spartan II xc2s100 -5tqfp144. ok. that board meant for optics application. i connect that board thru jtag port. I measure that the voltage at TDO = 5V when we plug to the board. And also i check vcco,vccint and gnd of the fpga all are giving voltage perfectly. And the cable also works properly. i want to test and programming the fpga..

After i configure the devices via boundary scan test by inputting the bit files, it tell me the devices and after i program it.. it gives the error as Error : iMPACT : the idcode read from the devices doesn't match the idcode in the bsdl files.

please give some suggestion...

Regards Senthil.R

Reply to
senthil

===================== Hi,

First thing is --check whether you selected corrected device in the ISE to that of actual device (including package).

I think i got the same error while working on spartan II. I think there is some problem with the ISE. I tried to program couple of times and it is OK! the device functions. I think there is some diff in idcode of ISE and silicon. Does your chip functions after this error? .. check that and let me know.

-rao

Reply to
pablo aimar

Hi .. My problem was solved.. the problem was that spartan II must need the specific cable to configure it. here i have ordinary cble that work for virtex,cpld but not for spartan. thus i put parallel cable III dlc5 model of xilinx , impact error gone off. thanks for u suggestion. How many times we program a fpga.. is there any count . let me know....

Regard Senthil.R Research Associate. IIT. Madras.

Reply to
senthil

==================== Hi, Theoritically (and practically) there is no limit in how many times you can program fpga!. Programming an fpga is simply like writing some data to sram(synchronous ram). But for CPLD there may be a limit as its technology is based on flash/eeprom.

thanks rao

Reply to
pablo aimar

But for CPLD there may be a limit as

Hi ,,

i have one more doubts., ie., I used my parallel cable III , that detect my fpga say spartanII. also, i have parallel cable IV, i used this one to detect my fpga.. but it doesn't detect. I tried many times. But not possible. Is there any configuration to detect the fpga via parallel cable IV. r what is the diff between the parallel cable III & IV? Give me some suggestions..

Regard Senthil.R

Reply to
senthil

--

     You've *read the email* - now *buy the book*
Reply to

If the LED is NOT green on your 4 then you have not

Hi .. I plugged the cable correctly. . the led also blown ie., power came up from the usb port.. all things i made perfectly. but i didn't detect the fpga..

give some suggestion..

Regards Senthil.R

Reply to
senthil

I suppose you mean parallel port? If not - that's your problem :-)

What does "the led also blown" mean?

Is you BIOS setting for your parallel port set to "ECP"?