New keyword 'OIF' and its implications

Hi,

  1. Based on the previous very benefitial discussions and my observation on the topics, I decide to recant the following claim: Whatever assertion onehot0() can do, 'orif' can do better.

  1. In place of the above claim, I claim the following new one: Whatever assertion onehot() can do, it can do better working together with new keyword 'OIF'.

  2. Rolin has indicated that orif has been used in 2006 version.

  1. The following simplest example show why point 2 is justified. The more equations, the more complicated added statements distributed over the full entity to transfer the information to VHDL compiler.

METHOD 1: if(TWindowLoad_E0_L_H and nC_BE_R0(3) = '0') then TWindow_3(10 downto 8)

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang