New(ish) FPGA Company

I hadn't heard of this company before.  They seem to be making a number of FPGA devices.  Unfortunately all the docs are in Chinese.  Anyone know much about them?

http://www.anlogic.com/

Google can translate the web pages, but not the data sheets.

Rick C.

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

There's them and another company called AGM, all the parts are fairly cheap:
https://lcsc.com/products/CPLD-FPGA_492.html

Skimming the datasheet diagrams looks like what you'd expect for a low-end
FPGA (Cyclone, Spartan kind of family).  55nm is as small as they go.

Their Tang Dynasty tool looks interesting - as a Quartus user it looks very
familiar (I note their download page has 'quartus' in the page title).
Might be worth trying sometime.

Theo

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

Some companies are not easy to deal with.  AGM seems to have English information but the one device I can use with FPGA+MCU has a Chinese datasheet with a different name.  I also don't see any tools.  Where did you see that?

Rick C.

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

http://www.anlogic.com/prod_view.aspx?Id20%5&TypeId20%5&fid=t3:205:3

I didn't run it, just downloaded the first link and skimmed the PDF inside
the RAR. For all its cloning of Quartus' GUI, it looks fairly simple.

I wouldn't expect any meaningful interaction with them, unless you speak
Chinese.

Theo

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

Yeah, all the tool info seems to be in Chinese.  If they were cloning the iCE40 devices there would be open source tools potentially.

Rick C.

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

I always wanted to learn a foreign language.  Maybe now is the time.

Rick C.

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of response...  hello...  Is this mike on?

I would have thought FPGA people might get excited about a 16 kLUT FPGA with an embedded MCU for under $10.  I am... sort of.  But I haven't started my Chinese lessons yet.

Rick C.

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company

I'd get interested if they have timing driven place & route.
The silicon technology isn't that difficult.

Jim Brakefield

Re: New(ish) FPGA Company
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 6:12:16 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wro
te:
er of FPGA devices.  Unfortunately all the docs are in Chinese.  Anyone kno
w much about them?
on?
 with an embedded MCU for under $10.  I am... sort of.  But I haven't start
ed my Chinese lessons yet.

I'm not worried about them being better than the other FPGA companies.  I'm
 pretty interested in the parts being pretty inexpensive and available in e
asier to use packages.  I'm not sure what it will take to get contract asse
mbly houses to buy direct from Asian suppliers.  Since they are on the hook
 for building working boards they can be a bit funny who they buy parts fro
m.

Rick C.

Site Timeline