New Ethernet Development board, open-source

Hiya all,

I just put out my new Dev. board that's open source, but I do sell assembled units. Thought I would just the link and some specs here for fun. Any comments are appreciated... the schematics/user-guide/pcb/bom are all available for download.

A feature list (taken from the web page):

FPGA

  • Altera Cyclone EP1C12Q240Cx
  • -8 Speed grade preloaded, -7 and -6 upon request
  • 12,060 LE's - enough for 4 NIOS processors!
  • 240 Kbits of on-chip RAM
  • 2 PLL's - one pre-loaded with 50MHz oscillator, second upon request
  • 1 PLL output header
  • 240 QFP package

Programming

  • Supports both Byteblaster II and @ltium LiveDesign 3rd party programmer
  • Soft JTAG chain support for Altium programmer
  • EPCS4 Active-serial configuration device

RAM

  • 256Kx32 / 512K x 16 SRAM with 12 nS access time (10,12,15 and 20 nS available)
  • Easily integrates with both NIOS and @ltium soft-processor

Flash

  • Altera EPCS4 configuration device for Active Serial (AS) configuration on startupt
  • 4 Mbits of space allows for a complete image and ~64 Kbyte of user-code
  • 32-Mbit SPI Flash for extended storage of user-code; bootable with custom bootloader

Ethernet

  • National Semiconductor DP83846A 10/100-Base TX PHY with industry standard MII
  • Full-duplex communication and auto-negotiation
  • MDIO interface
  • 5 LED output signals that are connected to FPGA
  • RJ45 jack and integrated magnetics with 2 LEDs connected to FPGA
  • Works with Opencores Ethernet MAC and Altium's EMAC controllers

Peripherals

  • Dallas I2C Real-time-clock with Battery
  • Microchip on-board I2C temperature sensor
  • Microchip 512 Kbit I2C EEPROM
  • Power-on reset controller
  • RS232 port
  • 8x LED outputs and 4 pushbuttons + Reset button
  • 16x GPIO signals
  • 8x 5-Volt inputs and 8x 5-Volt bi-directional signals (can be toggled by jumper)

Software

  • Comes with sample code that communicates with nearly all peripherals
  • Altium P*otel and Altera quartus projects with Constraint and Pin files included
  • Support is free!

Daughtercards

  • Common daughtercards include ADC, DAC, serial port expander
  • Custom design available to suit customer requirements

Feel free to contact me for any other questions. Jai.

Reply to
jai.dhar