Need book for verilog on xc9536?

Required a book or web reference or examples suitable for xilinx xc9635 familiy. Thanks.

Reply to
<212>

and

Nothing specifically for Xilinx CPLD's, but Verilog should work the same as for other hardware...

Reply to
Gabor

I'm a VHDL guy, so I don't have any Verilog book recommendations (try comp.arch.verilog), but look at books that describe counters, shift registers, state-machines, PWM generators, switch debouncer, etc. You could also use the XC9536 to drive LEDs. If you're concerned about finding packages that you can solder or put into a socket, XC9536 and XC9572 are available in a PLCC-44 package. The XC95108 is the largest XC9500 part that is available in a PLCC (84) package. PLCC-44 and PLCC-84 sockets can be soldered to a PCB with 0.1" spaced holes. You may want to take a look at digilent's CMOD which has a XC9572XL soldered on a board that plugs into a standard 0.6" wide 40-pin IC socket . Note the the XL part requires 3.3 volts, but its IO can handle 5 volt CMOS and TTL parts.

HTH

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

Xilinx has app notes for both VHDL and Verilog to get the most out of the XC9536.

Is there some specific application you are looking at?

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS