NCD difference

Hello,

against the background of partial reconfiguration, I would like to=20 determine the difference between two initial configurations (NCDs). Does =

any Xilinx tool support this?

Regards,

--=20 Dr. Thomas Reinemann

IMAT Public key available Otto-von-Guericke-Universit=E4t Magdeburg Universit=E4tsplatz 2

39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Reply to
Thomas Reinemann

You are probably looking for $ bitgen version1.ncd version1.bit $ bitgen -r version1.bit version2.ncd diff1to2.bit

Gerd

Reply to
Gerd

Or if you are really brave, maybe

$ xdl -ncd2xdl file1.ncd $ xdl -ncd2xdl file2.ncd

$ diff -u file1.xdl file2.xdl

Note I've never tried this, it could well produce garbage, depending on how "repeatable" is the output of ncd2xdl.

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Williams

Ok, I have forgotten to say, it should be human readable.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Reinemann

Apart from the graphical representation given by fpga_editor, I think xdl is the only human readable form of the NCD database.

Did you try the "diff -u" on two xdl files? I'm really curious to see if you get meaningful output. XDL contains all of the mapping, placement, routing, everything, in text format, so in principle it should be possible.

John

Reply to
John Williams