Mutiple MAC on OPB Bus

Hi,

Is there any constraint regarding the number of Ethernet MAC that you can place on the OPB Bus? I have attempting to put 2 MACs on the Bus, but as soon as a instantiate the second MAC and attempt to generate bitstream, I get the following error: address space overlap! This error is generated by PlatGen

I am certain address overlap that this is not the problem , because I have gone through the entire address map of my system. No two peripherals are assigned the same address space.

When I had only a single MAC in the system , with address 40c0_0000 to

40c0_ffff , things were working perfectly . But as soon as instantiate the second MAC with address 42c0_0000 to 42c0_ffff, this problem creeps up.

The PLB2OPB Bridge is from 0x00000000 to 0x7FFFFFFF, so that entire range can be used by peripherals on the OPB Bus.

Thanks Venu

Reply to
Venu

Regenerate the linker script and try again.

---Matthew Hicks

Reply to
Matthew Hicks

I don't think regenerating the linker script will work, it has nothing to do with PlatGen!

I have tried it, and the problem seems to lie within the opb_ethernet core itself. It will not allow me to instantiate neither one nor two of them. In fact, every core instantiated has an address overlap with itself!

The problem arises when connecting both MSOPB and SOPB, i f you only connect SOPB *or* MSOPB there is no address overlap. I had the same misunderstanding the firts time I tried: I thought MSOPB was only the master part, but it is both parts of the bus at the same time!

Best regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

Thanks a lot , that was the error that I was making .

Zara wrote:

Reply to
Venu