Multiple device configuration using local update over ethernet

Altera have told me it is not possible to perform a multiple device
configuration (typically done by hooking up the nCE/nCEO pins of the
individual FPGAs) when using local update mode (update over ethernet).
 Does anyone know why it isn't possible?  It is not reasonable for a
board with 10 FPGAs to have 10 separate ethernet connections, and
having to update a set of these boards in the field using a
programming cable would be most tedious.

Re: Multiple device configuration using local update over ethernet

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Regardless of ethernet, at least for the passive serial configuration mode
in SRAM devices, it is possible. I did it.

Re: Multiple device configuration using local update over ethernet
Yes, you can do it, but can you do it for "local/remote update mode" (ie MSEL2 =
1).