Multiple device configuration using local update over ethernet

Altera have told me it is not possible to perform a multiple device configuration (typically done by hooking up the nCE/nCEO pins of the individual FPGAs) when using local update mode (update over ethernet). Does anyone know why it isn't possible? It is not reasonable for a board with 10 FPGAs to have 10 separate ethernet connections, and having to update a set of these boards in the field using a programming cable would be most tedious.

Reply to
Wilhelm Klink

Regardless of ethernet, at least for the passive serial configuration mode in SRAM devices, it is possible. I did it.

Reply to
Valeria Dal Monte

Yes, you can do it, but can you do it for "local/remote update mode" (ie MSEL2 =

1).
Reply to
Wilhelm Klink