multicyle and false path in FPGA Design

Hi All,

How to identify the Multi cycle path and the False path in the design. do we need to identify after the Synthesis stage xilinx fpga tool it self will recognize and through as warning or error.

At what stage in the asic flow this multicycle path and False path are identified. How to fix this Multi cycle path and false path in the fpga flow

How it is going to effect the Timing Closure and the Slack of the design.

regards kil

Reply to
ekavirsrikanth

If this is a medium/high budget project I would speak to the Fishtail

guys. Their Focus product will automatically find most(all?) MCP/FP in your design and output the result to a constraints file. I believe both Precision/Synplicity are supported. This is a great product but as I mentioned mostly for the big guys.

If you have to do this manually then start by looking at the most negative slack path and simply plough through the code/schematics to see if that path is false/multicycle or not. It is not going to be easy or quick especially for false path. If you have access to a formal tool or PSL/SVA support for your simulator then you might be able to write a property to check that, for example, and enable pin on the output of a long combinatorial path FF is always stable for more than 1 clockcycle.

Hans.

HT-Lab

I think you should have this idea on mind when you make your design. you just use the multi cycle or false path constraint to let this path not so important that the design can avoid the timing violations.

Reply to
dadabuley

If done manually, it's most likely going to be done incorrectly.

KJ

Reply to
KJ