MS 6.2 code coverage report

Hi, I am facing a strenge problem in using Model Sim 6.2 code coverage report generation CLI. e.g. I have a modular design, as shown:

device | |_ top | |_ H1 | |_ H2.1 |_ H2.2 | |_ H3.1 |_ H3.2 |_ H3.3

H1, H2.1/2, H3.1/2/3 are module instanciations.

I am interested in knowing the module level code coverage i.e. for instances H2.1/2, which I expect to be consolidation of the code coverage of the module instances with in H2.1 and H2.2 respectively.

However, MS 6.2 "vcover report" CLI gives is Design Unit (DU) level code coverage i.e. code coverage on the ".v" file used for the module and not for module instance. The report of interest in visible in Workspace and is clearly indicated in the workspace against each instance.

My point of interest is the code coverage which I can obtain from workspace and not from DU. I am not sure about any other version of MS. Please help in this regard.

Akhil

Reply to
Akhil