More than one embedded system in ISE

When I try to use more than one embedded system in ISE, it says: Only one source of type 'XPS FILE' is allowed in a project. Why can't I add more than one system.xmp file to ISE?

I need two embedded systems because the hardware and software in each one are different. And I can not put the two EDK projects in only one because my VHDL Top Level in ISE will instantiate the first EDK project only once and the other several times. I want to create a multiembedded design. ISE should be able to have several embedded systems; that is not normal!

I also tried to add a EDK project system.xmp in a ISE project created(export to ProjNav) with another EDK project. But it can not work because the two EDK project have "system" for name as sub-module. I try to put "system_something" as sub-module name, but EDK always export it as "system" name.

How to have multiple EDK projects in ISE?

Francis St-Pierre

École Polytechnique de Montréal
Francis St-Pierre

I have tried to add a new microblaze within the same EDK project, and it seems to work. (EDK 7.1.02i)

Reply to
Zara

Reply to
Francis

If I try to add a second XPS project to an ISE project, it is not allowed. I suppose that with some hacking it should be possible to do that, but I think it will be really difficult to maintain and debug.

I f you use various microblazes within the same EPS project, it will be easier to track resource usage (BRAM..) and to connect all of them through the same opb_mdm

Reply to
Zara