ModelSim XE problems with a VHDL coregen in a Virtex 5

I'm getting a fatal error when I try and simulate a Virtex 5 VHDL project with a block memory core built with coregen. The Virtex 5 Coregen is only allowing Block Memory Generator V2.6 to be used. I see these files in the $XILINX\vhdl\src\XilinxCoreLib directory, but they do not show up in the ModelSim workspace under xilinxcorelib which only goes up to blk_mem_gen_v2_4. Does anyone know what I need to do to get ModelSim to start using these (newer) block mem gen files?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan K

Have you recompiled the libraries after the last IP update and/or SP installation? Maybe the Block Memory Generator V2.6 was added in the latest IP update and it will not show up in ModelSim unless you recompile the files in $XILINX\vhdl\src\XilinxCoreLib.

You can do that with "compxlib" on a command line, but I think there's a wizard for this in the ISE-GUI somewhere now.

HTH, Sean

--
My email address is only valid until the end of the month.
Try figuring out what the address is going to be after that...