Modelsim XE III 6.x - huge fonts

I'm trying to run the Xilinx version of Modelsim (XE III 6.2g), and it displays everything in HUGE fonts. On my 21" monitor, each char is at least 1" tall. This happens whether I run Modelsim by itself, or when I run it from ISE Webpack 9.2.04i. I've downloaded the latest versions of both ISE Webpack and Modelsim XE from Xilinx's web site. I tried searching Xilinx's website but didn't find any answers. If I can find an older version of Modelsim, I'll try that, but I'm not sure where to download it from. TIA

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 2000 Prof, SP4.

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

I uninstalled the video card and then re-installed the video card software. When I ran Modelsim (stand alone), the fonts were correct. But the second time I ran Modelsim, the fonts were huge again. As before, the character fonts had large pixels.

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

I've tried ISE WebPack 9.2x with ModelSim XE II starter 5.8c and that combo works. It still puzzles me that a newer version of ModelSim acts so oddly.

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

The fact that you have blocky pixels strongly suggests that it is NOT really a font choice issue, but instead something arcane to do with video drivers - as you obviously suspected.

*Where* are the huge fonts appearing? Everywhere? Just in the transcript? Does the rest of the display scale to match the fonts?

I've never seen anything like this. You can easily configure ModelSim's font sizes, as I guess you're already aware. But if you do so, and choose a huge font, it won't have big blocky pixels - it will be rendered nice and smooth.

Can you get to the window preferences menu and try to discover what fonts ModelSim thinks it's using?

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

I found that I had an older video card, but before I installed it I want to try uninstalling my ATI card again. This time I clicked on the box to show hidden items. An what do you know, there were some hidden ATI entries, so I got rid of those. Then I re-installed the ATI video card software, and everything works OK now, including ModelSim. Strange, huh?

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum