Modelsim on windoz save settings in a file rather than registry

Hi

Is there any way of getting modelsim not to use the widoz registry for settings. I would prefer if it would use my .modelsim file.

I find it impossible to express the extent of my disgust at having to temporally use such an abhorrent operating system for development!!!

Reply to
dgreig

No only Unix/Linux uses the .modelsim file.

Hans.

HT-Lab

Although I had set the MODELSIM_PREFERENCES environment variable for both user and sysyem tp point to a file ("c:\.modelsim") it was not being updated when closing modelsim. It now is being updated... Something to do with windoz, perhaps? Ho humm.

Reply to
dgreig