ModelSim Error

hi

could somebody help me with this error message i get from model sim se? i'm trying to simulate (post place and route) my design and get the following error message: "error code: Failure: (vsim-3807) Types do not match between component and entity for port key_input"

My signal key_input is a integer right now (normally it is my own data type but i changed it because i thought perhaps models sim can't handel that). if i change it to std_logic i can simulate. the behavioral simulation works just fine even with my datatype. i checked my design module and the test bench and the datatypes are the same in the entity and the component declaration. if it helps i can post the source. any ideas somebody?

thanks Urban

Reply to
u_stadler

Hello Urban,

i have also had problems like you. if you have look into the translated model =F3f your code you will be able to understand it better. I would always suggest that yout top level entity should be with the std_logic or vector types. This should be the best solution. once your are into the architecture, if you want to change the types, you can use other possible converting types. Then you will not face any problems while simuting through all the phases.

Regards, J=2EAnil Kumar.

u snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.de wrote:

Reply to
anil