ModelSim: Different SimPrim libraries needed for different Xilinx families?

Hi there,

I've just left a computer compiling the SIMPRIM libraries used by ModelSim for Low-Level (post place and route) simulation (I started this using the "Compile HDL Simulation Libraries" process in the ISE software).

When the process started, I noticed it said the following:

Scheduling library compilation for Virtex-II

This worries me because I want to run post-place and route simulations for other device families as well (Spartan 3, Virtex 4). Will the results generated for these other chips be incorrect because I have used SIMPRIM libraries compiled for Virtex2? Or, to put it another way, do i have to recompile the SIMPRIM libraries every time I switch from one family to another?

Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Jonathan Clarke

Reply to
Jon