Modelsim cannot run its example tcl

Hi, I want to learn tcl in Modelsim for FPGA simulation. I find that there is a directory under modelsim named tcl_tutorial\solutions. But the traffic.do file cannot run with the following error message under dot line below. I have installed tcl/tk 8.6 on Windows XP.

BTW, when I enter : help Tk

It does give many Tk commands including winfo.

What is wrong with my system? Thanks.

Modelsim version is: ModelSim XE III/Starter 6.4b

Is it disabled?

............ do traffic.do # Model Technology ModelSim XE III vcom 6.4b Compiler 2008.11 Nov 15

2008 # -- Loading package standard # -- Loading package std_logic_1164 # -- Compiling entity traffic # -- Compiling architecture simple of traffic # -- Compiling entity queue # -- Compiling architecture only of queue # -- Compiling entity tb_traffic # -- Compiling architecture only of tb_traffic # ** Error: invalid command name "winfo" # Error in macro ./traffic.do line 13 # invalid command name "winfo" # while executing # "winfo exists .traffic" # (procedure "draw_intersection" line 4) # invoked from within # "draw_intersection"
Reply to
fl

Maybe a comment on line 12 wrapped to line 13

Reply to
Mike Treseler

AFAIK there is no TK support on the OEM/PE/DE versions.

Hans.

HT-Lab