Mobile DDR vs DDR2

Hi Folks,

I need to put in DDR or DD2 interfaces. I need about 1.2GB/s bandwidth. As I am targetting a low end fpga, I am limited by the max bitrate on the i/o. (DDR333 or DDR2-400).

What will be a better alternative go with DDR333 or DDR2-400? My main considerations are - power and ability to hide the latencies during accesses. From what I see on the usual memory vendors -

  1. Mobile DDR available in x32 organization in one package
  2. DDR2 available in x16 but significantly lower power at IDD7.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you. Best regards, Sanjay

Reply to
fpgabuilder

You could be opening up a can of worms here.

What about refreshing the DRAM ?

Reply to
Marra