ML501 Platform Flash Configuration

Hello All,

I have a Xilinx ML501 board and I want to use the Xilinx XCF32P platform flash to configure the XC5VLX50.

I can program the LX50 directly accross the JTAG chain and the design runs correctly (flashing LED's).

Also the XCF32P does show up on the chain and Impact lets me program it. Unfortunately, when I hit the program button my design does not come up. The done LED goes true after a delay as if the part is programming from some other source.

There is a 8 position dip switch on the board, SW15, that apparently controls the configuration source but the documentation is not clear about how to set that switch for platform flash. I have all zeros selected now.

Can anyone just tell me how to set SW15 to configure from the platform flash on the ML501?

Thank you,

Pete Dudley

Reply to
self

This is documented on page 28 of the ML501 User Guide (ug226).

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Ed,

Do you have a ML501 board? If you have been able to program the FPGA from the platform flash please tell me what setting you used for SW15.

Thanks,

Pete Dudley

Reply to
self