ML402 DDR SDRAM

Has anyone been able to get the ML402's DDR SDRAM running with a MIG-generated DDR controller, as opposed to the EDK PLB DDR controller? Xilinx is unable to confirm this works... there's a thread in this group from July with some ML401 MIG questions, but no resolution. My group is interested in using the 402 in a non-SoC application, so we're sort of wondering if MIG has been proven here. Thanks!

Reply to
Jered

Hi, Jered, I tried months before to use MIG007 generating a DDR controller for ML310, failed and the xilinx support did not help to get through. I modified everything to fit ml310 kit and when I download the generated testbench, nothing happened in the DDR. You can discuss with me by: xjf77(at)yahoo.com. regards

Reply to
Jul

for ML310, failed and the xilinx support did not help to get through. modified everything to fit ml310 kit and when I download the generate testbench, nothing happened in the DDR. You can discuss with me by xjf77(at)yahoo.com. regards

I am running MIG DDR rel6 on the ML310. You need to work around to connect rst_dqs_div_in and rst_dqs_div_ou outside of FPGA.

Reply to
Jihoon

for ML310, failed and the xilinx support did not help to get through. modified everything to fit ml310 kit and when I download the generate testbench, nothing happened in the DDR. You can discuss with me by xjf77(at)yahoo.com. regards

Hi, all, I forgot to tell you guys something. MIG DDR support only unbuffered DIM as far as I know. The DIMM coming with ML310 is buffered DIMM. In my case I replaced DIMM and it works fine.

Reply to
Jihoon