Ml310(xc2vp30) with ppc 405,multi processor share memory?

Hello,everyone I am doing my thesis on the ML310 board..it's so hard. Lots,lots of pdf for reading.. :!:

My first target is transfer data between processors using the FPG

Block-SelectRAM (BRAM).

1.-----Prove data flow between the processors (from processor A t

processor B and vice versa)

After BSB, I open up the PBD file, see that the two ppcs have alread

connected with brams..plbs..ocm-ctrl.

But how could I prove the data flow.. Shall I write a short C tes

program in EDK, and saw the result with hyper terminal? or shall write a vhdl program to see the result with modelsim..

confusing..

:(

2.-----If possible make also use of the Rocket-IO (MGT) why should I use the rocket-IO..is that the same procedure to prov the data flow with rocket I/O as with Brams...

Great appreciate your help!!!!!!!!! :

Reply to
stella

Me too! I'm also using that same board. :) Sorry but I don't really have anything useful to add other than I sympathise with you.

--

Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

I have done something like this in the past on a ML310 board. I'd go with option #1. I would write a simple C program. To get something working quickly, write two versions of the simple program--one for processor 0 and another for processor 1. You create two software projects in XPS and have the linker script put the programs in two different BRAM's. The shared data must be in the same BRAM obviously.

Sample Program

-Processor 0 writes to location x with value y. Meanwhile, Processor 1 is in a while loop reading location x. If mem[x] == y, then Processor 1 writes mem[x]

Reply to
Nju Njoroge