mixed signal flash FPGAs launched!

they talked about this producte for more than 3 years ago, now its finally laucnhed

  • ADC 12bit 600KS/S
  • MOSFET drivers
  • user Flash rom
  • onchip 1% accurate 100MHz oscillator
  • oscillator for 32KHz watch crhrystal
  • single 3.3V power supply

pretty nice features!

Well PA3 is just about shipping so we may have to wait to get hands on onto Fusion silicon, but it really looks like cool true single chip.

hm,. if I think about it, this the silicon I have been waiting for, for the last 10 years or so

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

- and large amounts of code flash, so much that the SRAM looks a bit light.....

Key determinant will be the price, as you can get ARM+FLASH+ADC+32KHz+Ethernet, for rather less than the same bundle will be in the Fusion. That means the FPGA aspect has to be very important, to the design, and the single chip more important than a much cheaper CPLD/Small FPGA alongside the ARM+FLASH+ADC+32KHz+Ethernet....

Devices from the uC segment to compare this with, would be the ADuC7xx series : 12 Bit ADC, 12 Bit DAC, ARM CPU, FLASH, in 40-80 pins, and the 'comming' uPSD ARMs from ST, which have 32MC CPLDs, and Ethernet/CAN/USB, 96K Bytes SRAM and 2MBytes FLASH.

Seems to me a smaller Fusion device, _and_ a "Well stacked" ARM Flash Microcontroller, will be better value, than trying to roll it all yourself in a bigger Fusion device. Time will tell, I guess.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

the only PA3 prices I know are 20/55USD for 250/600 devices, so I assume the only currently available fusion (600) is pretty expensive compared to flash-mcu

but the fusion chip is nice ALLINONE if you need it all to be inside single chip there is very little that is required outside the chip, so thats what for you pay.

for cost effective, yes atmel ARM+flah+usb = 5USD, some small fpga is pretty much less expensive.

as of last info the fusion starterkit and 600 samples should available NOW.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

On a sunny day (Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:03:38 +0100) it happened "Antti Lukats" wrote in :

AFS600 has 30 analog inputs, amazing. it is the Microchip philosophy, integrate everything.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:24:41 +1300) it happened Jim Granville wrote in :

ADC is 600k samples per second. Not bad.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje