Mitrion-C

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever used Mitrion-C to implement algorithms on FPGAS? If so, what kind of performance have you been achieving.

Cheers, Robin

Reply to
Robin Bruce

I have been looking at C like development tools and have seen a number of products mature. I tried to get in touch with Celoxia but never got any furthure than the UK representative saying he past my contact information on to the sales representative at the US office.

Have you considered Impluse CoDeveloper? Getting a 30 day trial license was very painless. The demo looks like it is the same as if you bought the full version just limited to 30 days. It seems to be very able but a work in progress. Since I have downloaded the demo there has been a couple of updates but I might have caught them in the middle of a release process. The tutorials seem to illustrate features of their environment but the discussion could be more insightful. Their is also a book entitled "Practical Fpga Programming In C" by David Pellerin. I've ordered a copy of the book and I'm hoping that it will help me understand how to take advantage of their libraries with larger designs. On the small it seems like the VHDL code generated is very readable and easy to understand.

I was wondering what kind of experiences other designers have had with Impulse's CoDeveloper?

Derek

Reply to
DerekSimmons

I don't know of a CAE tool that doesn't provide a full-up 30 day trial.

Thanks for the tip.

Most readers of comp.lang.vhdl can already write such code without a middle man.

Why not try it out on a real design and tell us how it goes.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

I used CoDeveloper for a Mandelbrot image generation project and had a pretty good experience. Support from Impulse was outstanding. I have never used any other C-to-HDL software, so I can't compare it to others. CoDeveloper can't compete with HDL which is hand written, and I don't think it claims to. Its more for a software engineer who wants to use PPC/Microblaze/Altera uP + FPGA fabric.

Reply to
Kunal