Minimum frequency at which ddr can operate

Hi, I am using a ddr(mt46v32m16fn -6) ddr and Virtex4 (lx60) fpga. And i am using the controller generated by the MIG1.5 tool. When i run this controller in the real hardware i am getting zeros in the result bus(read_data_fifo_out)... Dont know where i am wrong. I am monitored all my controller signals using the chipscope and they are all working fine for me. But the ddr is not giving anything back... Can u guys please tell me what is the minimum frequency at which i can operate the ddr controller. regards subin

Reply to
subint

U?ytkownik subint napisa?:

Proper frequency range for your memory is from 77MHz to 166MHz.

Adam

Reply to
Górski Adam

The Spec minimum for DDR is 83.33MHz (See the JEDEC data sheet:

)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

U?ytkownik PeteS napisa?:

Maybe, but for this chip is about 77MHz ( 13ns cycle length )

Adam

Reply to
Górski Adam

Micron does a good job of supporting lower speeds than the spec, but if the OP wants the system to work (guaranteed) for various parts across temperature, it's best to follow the spec.

FWIW, I've made DDR run at 66MHz before (using Micron parts).

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS