MIG and Spartan3 for a 112 bit DQ bus (7chips x16)

Hello,

Has anybody tried to use MIG with a Spartan 3 to generate a memory controller that has a big DQ bus? I would like to generate a core that controls 7 chips (x16), this results in 112 DQ pins. The chips would use a clock of 133MHz.

Has anybody got experience with the MIG tool? Is it user-friendly or do you prefer to write your own DDR core?

thanks and best regards, Karel

Reply to
Dolphin

I'd recommend writing your own core. The designs created by MIG are demonstrators when it comes to Spartan 3 and have too much restrictions when it comes to which pins can be used. Besides, I think

133MHz is pushing the limits of the device. You probably need faster (166MHz) DDR memory in order to meet timing.
--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)