Microblaze interrupt problem

hello,

I have a microblaze system with a uart and a timer (both produce interrupt).The interrupts are handled by intc.Uart interrupt is the highest priority followed by timer interrupt.

  1. can microblaze read only the required data from the uart at a time.like say i want to get a frame from uart i.e data from one flag to another flag and then stop reading the bytes fro uart.When i tried doing this i realised that I have to read the whole file that i am transferring from the hyperterminal to the uart.but i dont want this to happen.any suggestions?
  2. if the above behavior is not possible then i can send just one frame at a time to uart from the hyperterminal.if i do this the what happens is that my timer is also running at the same time.when it expires it interrupts the microblaze.But now if i send a frame to uart,it interrupts microblaze and then i stop getting interrupts from the timer.if i send another file (data) from hyperterminal to uart,it interrupts the microblaze properly but the timer has stopped working or otherwise its interrupt is not getting recognised. I thought that probably when i am in the uart_int_handler probably my timer interrupt was genearted and it was missed since i was in int. routine.Is this a possibility.?is yes ,how can i avoid this?I want to service the timer interrupt after i return fro the uart handler.my intc driver does not have XIN_SVC_ALL_ISRS_OPTION defined.so it does not allow me to use it in the code. Please share some information regarding this problem. Thank you all.
Reply to
fpga00