MHS modify and then ...?

hi

In XPS (EDK 6.3), we need to modify the MHS file (manually) sometimes, then we have conflicts with MSS file (and other system configuration)

For example, when I changed the name of instance, netlist generation seems ok, but bitstream generation is not ok.

I tried in command prompt,

xps -nw

% run resync

But also it is not ok.

Then the problem is

- How can we synchronize the setting in XPS to make this system work (in XPS or manually) ?

Reply to
Hur

Did you try to manualy add the changes to the mss file - Thats what I normally do...

regards Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

hi

yes i changed (MHS and MSS)

- parameter instance name (but not miscroblaze name)

- bus interface instance name

- port instance name

and test program (print "hello world") is okay, though the message below is appeared

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Release 6.3i Trace G.38 Copyright (c) 1995-2004 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.

trce -e 3 -xml system.twx system.ncd system.pcf

Design file: system.ncd Physical constraint file: system.pcf Device,speed: xc2vp30,-6 (PRODUCTION 1.90 2004-11-02) Report level: error report

INFO:Timing:2752 - To get complete path coverage, use the unconstrained paths option. All paths that are not constrained will be reported in the unconstrained paths section(s) of the report. Done.

Thankyou regards

Daniel wrote:

do...

Reply to
jyhur

The message you see is a normal info-message, telling you that there might be paths that are not covered by timing analysis. From the message you posted it is not possible to tell if there are any or how many unconstrained paths there are.

Did you set global timing constraints on the main clk(s)? If yes, check if there are any unconstrained paths that are critical in your design.

Anyway, this message has nothing to do with a problem between mhs and mss.

Regards Daniel

Reply to
Daniel