MGT pin details(Xilinx Virtex 2 PRO)

Hi all,

I am using Xilinx viretx 2 pro device (1152)package which has 8 MGT's. for each of the MGT there are 9 dedicated pins which are TXP, TXN, RXP, RXN, AVCCAUXTX, AVCCAUXRX, VTTX, VTRX, and GNDA.

In my design i am not using any of the MGT's. The data sheet suggests that VTRX is the Input Receive termination supply for the RocketIO multi-gigabit transceiver (1.8V - 2.8V). Since i am not using the MGT's i wanted to know wether i should keep these pins open OR tie it to 2.5 V.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds, prav

Reply to
prav

On a recent design, I tied VCCAUXTX, VCCAUXRX, VTRX to +2.5V and left the TxP, TxN, RxP, RxN pins open.

The RocketIO? Transceiver User Guide

doesn't appear to say anything about the VTRX pins when the transceiver is unused.

Note that the pinout of the BGA package is such that the VCCAUXTX, VCCAUXRX and VTRX are all in a row. It's easier to tie the VTRX pins to +2.5V than to leave them open.

Regards, Allan.

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Somewhere in the v2pro datasheet or user guide there is a recommendation on what to do with unused MGT pins. On our board we have the same setup as Allan, and I know we followed the recommendations.

Reply to
Andrew Dyer