Metastability MTBF in Cyclone

Hi All,

I have a Cyclone application with a long lifetime and a high realibility requirement (i.e. no subsequent CRC's and retries, the IGBT just turns on)

I am trying to assess the MTBF of metastable events. I have 166MHz clock and

10kHz async. inputs with a single sync. latch. Latencies are best avoided so I'd rather not double sync. unless I have to.

The Altera app. note gives an expression for MTBF based on the metastable time Tmet and two device dependant parameters (C1 and C2)

Are these parameter values available for Cyclone ?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Pace

realibility

turns on)

clock and

avoided so

metastable

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Peter - Do you have any documentation on this? Thanks! Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Todd

Well, I can obviously not speak for Altera ;-) But go to the Xilinx website and either scan the TechXclusives (good stuff!) or search for "metastable" or for my name, and you will find quantitative data, XAPP094 is the best source, but it is being refurbished right now... Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

Reply to
Peter Alfke