mess around with supply voltage to cyclone III

I have a Cyclone III FPGA. I have created a circuit on it whose
performance I want to observe under the influence of supply voltage
variations and glitches.

I want to create intentional glitches of this cyclone iii development
board. Any ideas?

-PrincessGateArray.

Re: mess around with supply voltage to cyclone III
What you are trying to do sounds like a very dangerous approach to design.
Even if you manage to achieve 100% test coverage of your design during the
glitches and supply variations (which will depend on the complexity of the
design and how you're testing it), you will still only have tested one
sample. Your time would be much better spent ensuring that you have a stable
power supply all the time.

Re: mess around with supply voltage to cyclone III

For testing Logic under Supply variations, I fed a Signal generator into
the ADJ pin on the regulator, via a resistor. This allows you to
modulate Vcc at various speeds, and also ramp it slowly.
That can be useful for margin testing: If your design fails at
VccNOM-2%, you probably have work to do.
If it work past VccMIN on the data sheet, you can have more
confidance.

-jg

Site Timeline