MCS -> BIT

Hello

I have just the MCS file and I want to configure directly my FPGa with a bitstream. So I had to convert the MCS in BIT.

What I have done:

1)MCS->HEX with promgen: promgen -r -p hex 2)HEX->BIT with Hex2bits : hex2bits -k

But iMPACT doen't work with the generated bitstream. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks !

Reply to
LilacSkin

where did you get "hex2bits" its not bundled with ISE (9.2) ??

if you know the option when the MCS was made you can write own scripts/ tools that can recover BIT file(s) but this is not always trivial

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Hex2bits is a separatly downloadable tool made by Xilinx:

LilacSkin

messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

Have you ever did it ? The MCS is generated with a Xilinx PROM xcf32p not compressed with 2 revisions

Reply to
LilacSkin

Have you ever did it ? The MCS is generated with a Xilinx PROM xcf32p not compressed with 2 revisions

Why can't you revert back to the original BIT files used to generate the MCS? There are only two possible inputs to generate an MCS. One is a BIT file, the other an RBT (an additional .elf is required for uP designs). Can one guess that these are not available? What about the NCD files? Do you use encryption or does the design flow use .bmm/.elf files?

I have not played around with Hex2bits, so I can't add much here. But how did iMPACT fail? This might gives some clues as to where to start debugging.

-David

Reply to
davide