Managing input clock of 20MHz at input of DCM

Hi all I have a clock of 20Mhz on my board and I want Digital clock manager to generate a clock of 130MHz in my Xilinx Virtex-2 xc2v1000 FPGA. Now , the problem is that the DCM requires atleast 24Mhz input clock for proper working. Is there any solution other than changing the clock on board ??

regards MH

Reply to
mh

The limit of 24 MHz applies to the use of DCM as DLL. If your are going to use it multiply the frquency, then you are using CLKFX as output and the limits are 1MHz (LF mode) ansd 3 MHZ (HF mode), so you will have no problems with your design.

Best regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

Zara is correct:

When CLKFX is used (by itself), the input clock can be lower than 24 MHz.

Just make sure that you are not using CLK0, 90, 180, 270 nor CLK2X, nor CLKDV. Do not connect anything to the CLKFB input.

Austin

Reply to
Austin Lesea