lwip sockets on spartan 3 microblaze? Any examples?

Hi

I have wasted several weeks trying to get xilinx libxil to work, only to find that it doesnt work. I found that it does not acknowledge receives. Further more libxil is very limited.

Therefore i am trying to find examples of socket programming for spartan 3 microblaze. I have seen the echo request server, but Im looking at a higher level.

Im not sure how to set up the timer, what include files i need, and how to initialise properly?

Regards

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
K d

Hi kd, Not sure if this may help you... But I'm using a Virtex4FX and I found no problem to implement uIP on

10/100/1000 Mbps. uIP is a light version of lwIP. If you go on
you can find a lot of documentation on lwIP and uIP.

Web-server, Web-Client, email sender, telnet terminal. The Web-server is working fine... and I can browse a static web page (that is inside the FPGA)

Xilinx has a good app notes (xapp 807) about uIP (Is a A++ app notes) Going from uIP to lwIP should be not difficoult according to

I hope this help, Francesco

Reply to
francesco_poderico

Cool...I've been trying to make the time to play with this and the associated app-note from Xilinx. Have you had a chance to do any throughput testing? I.e., there was a discussion a few weeks back here about trying to send hundreds of megabits/sec through this interface, using, say, UDP instead of TCP to reduce the overall overhead/buffering required.

I would be VERY curious to see if you can really push bits that fast through the gig-E port with this setup...the app note gives some preliminary info regarding throughput, but its all in terms of how long before a steady TCP data stream will cause an internal overflow of the buffers that hold the TCP segments (IIRC)..any chance you're interesting in doing a little experimentation with UDP for the good of the group??? :-)

John

Reply to
john.orlando