LVDS on Spartan 3

hi all,

I am new to the LVDS stuff. I am going to implement a LVDS transceiver on XC3S400. I got the XAPP622 application note (talk about using LVDS on VirtexII and VirtexII pro) from Xilinx sites. I am wondering if the same idea could apply to Spartan 3 (I know Spartan 3 runs slow than Virtex)? Is there any SER-DES core avaliable now for Spartan 3 (I know there is none now on ISE. Only VirtexII/pro has it)?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Cheung