LVDS in cyclone

Hi,

Can someone help me with this issue.

I am looking to build a serialer in a FPGA. Base frequence is 72MHz - 7 bits serialiser - so I need a LVDS frequence of

504MBps.

I thought this wat not possible in a Cyclone device but just reads the app. note and it seems to be possible.

I have only some strong concerns because there is no timing budget and the IOB are not DDR IOB blocks.

Does any one has experience with this app. note ?

Thanks,

Eduard

Reply to
Eduard Nikke

Hi Eduard,

I believe you are referring to app note:

What it says is correct -- Cyclone can do 640 Mb/s LVDS. More specifically, the -6 and -7 speed grades are characterized (guaranteed) to do 640 Mb/s LVDS, while the -8 (slowest) is only currently characterized for up to 550 Mb/s LVDS.

Regards,

Vaughn Altera

Reply to
Vaughn Betz