lpc922

Hello Everyone iam new this grp sole reason to join this group is that i am finding myself unable to find a suitable algorithm for the mouse . I have P89LPC922 microcontroller i am contantly searching net for an algorithm

to solve maze but it only gives me a hint towards Bellmans algorithm. We have sat on paper but not getting a foolproof algorithm. Can anyone help me Anshat Singhal MNIT Jaipur India

Reply to
Anshat

This isn't really the right newsgroup for algorithms for microcontrollers.

I did a Google search for "Bellman's algorithm", and the first several hits had useful information on it.

I wasn't previously aware of Bellman's algorithm. It appears that this algorithm is only going to help you if your software already has a complete map of the maze. For instance, if such a map is provided in advance, or if your mouse has a vision system that can see the whole maze from above.

Otherwise you're much better off using a conventional search algorithm.

Surely your instructor provide you some advice on algorithms? Even if not, developing a maze-solving algorithm is not hard. It can be as simple as tracking where you've already been and what choices have been tried, choosing randomly whenever you have a new choice, and backtracking when you reach a dead end.

What kind of sensor information your mouse gets also influences the type of algorithm you would want to use.

Reply to
Eric Smith

A simple algorithm is to chose one side and just follow that wall. For example if you chose the left side, you put your left hand on the wall and walk, always keeping it on the wall. Eventually you will get to the destination. On average, you'll visit half the maze before reaching it.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Doesn't work if the goal is in an "island" in the maze, which is allowed in most Micromouse rules.

Reply to
Eric Smith