Low-level FPGA programming?

Hi. It is possible to have a format of .pof/.sof files from Altera, thus, to decompile some ready projects and try to make our own, omitting Altera software tools?

Reply to
drop669

No, we do not give out the format of the POF/SOF.

Sorry,

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis

BTW, is the same possible with Xilinx?

Reply to
drop669

It would be theoretically possible, but definitley a non-trivial exercise.

You've probably noticed the variation in pof/sof size depending on the target chip? You could start by trying various combinations of logic, with forced placement in the same area on the FPGA and see how it changes the format of the pof/sof file. Similarly, repeat the same logic combinations in different areas, and look for repeating pattern in the pof/sof files.

-----

Why bother when the tools are (basically) free from ALTERA , and of a very high quality anyway? (imho)

Red

Reply to
RedskullDC

Just a quick follow up to this posting, I didn't want to say anything more until I knew more about.

I have finally been able to confirm with Xilinx that "data files generated by the Software" is not intended to include XDL files.

Austin: Thanks for helping me get in touch with the right people.

/Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Ehliar

It appears to be back now.

- a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380
Reply to